Where, when bathing, the dangers lurking
The temperatures rise and the bathing season is in full swing. But the fun can also come with some risks. Each year, several hundred people in Germany, drowning in lakes, rivers or in the sea. Experts of the Deutsche Lebens-Rettungs-Gesellschaft (DLRG) explain where the typical dangers lurking, because every body of water has its own pitfalls.
When it is hot, it is full to the lakes and beaches in the country. Some of the bathing beach is to enjoy with caution. And even simple bathing rules you have known better. In the heat of summer is coming, any cooling wants, but some of the bathing areas pose significant risks, warns the DLRG.
Quarry lakes are often very deep
“The are initially very shallow and go suddenly, very steep in the deep,” says police spokesman Achim Wiese. “Since you walked in so and is suddenly under water.” Inexperienced swimmers and can bring in some kind of danger. The water temperatures in the lake can also be extremely different. “Up by the sun 28 to 30 degrees and 80 centimeters deep, there are suddenly some 10 to 12 degrees less. This can lead to cramps.“
In rivers on flow and vessels pay attention
Their danger lies in the flow speed of the water and the ship’s journey. “Who’s going about in the Rhine, or in other Federal waterways in baden – that is, as you would have to go with the children on the highway to play”, says the expert.
In the sea not to swim far out
Here, the expert observed that people swim away too far from the shore and it is then difficult to have to go back to the beach. His advice: “On the coast you prefer to swim parallel to the shore and not just straight.”
Not alone in baden
Generally speaking, one should bathe, if possible in Places where there is a Lifeguard. And if not is there and you traveling alone, looking for you prefer to a place where other people are – so it is noticed if you are in trouble. The DLRG-speaker sees that simple and actually well-known bathing rules are not followed – sometimes with dire consequences.
Slowly to cold water to get used to
To the race heated up the cold water is not a good idea, for example. “The body warms up when you sunbathe, the veins stretch and pull together then all of a sudden, if you jump into the water,” explains Meadow. “This can lead to loss of consciousness or heart attack, and in order to do this, that you’re drowning. Just seniors should adapt slowly to the water.“ To do this, by holding the first feet or arms carefully into the cool water.
With an empty stomach nothing in the water
Also with an empty stomach, you will not prefer to swim – this is especially true for people with Diabetes. This could lead to hypoglycemia, so Meadow, “and is then dangerous to life.”
The most important of the bathing rules of the DLRG
Here are the main bathing rules of the DLRG at a glance:
- Cool down before You go into the water.
- Air mattress, auto hose, and Rubber toys provide you with no security.
- Leave the water immediately when You’re cold.
- Bathing not, where ships and boats.
- Only go for a swim, if You feel comfortable.
- Not to go under other.
- Only go up to the belly in the water, if you can’t swim.
- During a Thunderstorm, Baden, life is dangerous. The water leave immediately.
- Jump into the water if it is deep enough and free.
- Endangering anyone by your jump into the water.
- Overestimate your strength and Can not.
- The water and its surroundings keep clean, waste, throw it in the trash can.
- Not call never to help, if You’re really in danger, but help others when they need help.
- Never go with a full or empty stomach baden.
(vb; Source: dpa/tmn)