Anna Faris Suffered Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Over Thanksgiving And It Sounds Terrifying

  • Anna Faris suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning over Thanksgiving weekend.
  • She was staying in a rental home in Lake Tahoe, California, when she and her friends started to feel ill.
  • Carbon monoxide levels in the house were six times the recommended maximum for an indoor space.

Actress Anna Faris is feeling extra thankful post-Thanksgiving after she revealed that she and her friends suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning over the holiday while staying in a home without carbon monoxide detectors.

According to PEOPLE, Anna, 43, was celebrating in Lake Tahoe, California with 12 friends in a rented vacation home. Several people felt ill, but thought it was due to altitude sickness. Eventually, two people went to the hospital, where it was discovered that they were actually dealing with symptoms caused by carbon monoxide. Yikes.

First responders from the North Tahoe Fire Protection District were sent to the home to check on the other 11 guests, andthey found that the carbon monoxide levels were six times the maximum recommended indoor carbon monoxide levels. They were all treated on-site, but two people were also taken to the hospital from the group.

Want to know more about Anna? Here’s what her eating habits are like:

Anna tweeted about the experience on Friday, with a picture of her Thanksgiving table.

“I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department—we were saved from carbon monoxide—it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate,” her tweet said.

I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department- we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate

The first responders noted that Anna and her family were “lucky to be alive”, and also sent out a reminder about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, noting that the home Anna was staying in did not have carbon monoxide detectors installed.

“We are so thankful to report that this holiday disaster was averted,” Mike Schwartz, fire chief for North Tahoe Fire, said in a statement. “Situational awareness is so important. Whether you are at home or traveling, it is important ensure that smoke and CO alarms are in working order anywhere you stay.”

Source: Read Full Article