They say abs are made in the kitchen – but there is another way to tone your tum.
If you’re finding it too difficult to swerve unhealthy treats, you can burn belly fat by working up a sweat.
High intensity interval training is a great choice for slimmers as it burns calories in a short amount of time.
Here are eight moves that will help to kick-start your weight loss transformation.
Eight exercises to burn belly fat
1. Hand walkouts
This move a sure-fire way to strengthen your core and tone your tum, as it requires a lot of balance.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Standing up straight, bend your body forwards and touch the floor
2. After reaching this position, slowly begin walking your hands forward
3. When your body resembles a high plank, hold for a few seconds
4. Using your balance, walk your arms back until you are in the same position as step one
Burpees are one of the most intense exercises out-there – and they pretty much work the entire body.
To carry out the movement, pull off these four steps:
1. Begin in a standing position, before squatting with your hands on the ground
2. Kick your feet back into a plank, while keeping your hands on the ground
3. Return to the squat position
4. Jump up with your hands in the air, before repeating
3. Star plank
If you’ve mastered basic the plank, why not give this tricky variation a go.
The technique is said to improve your balance, as well as strengthening the arms and abs.
Here’s how to do a star plank:
1. Get yourself into a press-up position
2. While keeping your back straight, walk your hands and legs out away from your body
3. When you resemble an X-shape, you’re in the correct position
4. Hold this pose for 30 seconds before resting
5. Dumbbell side bend
Looking to build a six pack? Don’t forget to tone up your sides.
Do this to target your obliques:
1. Stand with your feet at shoulder width apart
2. Place a light-medium weight dumbbell in your right hand
3. With your back straight, lean to one side so the weight drops towards your knees
4. Resume starting position
5. Repeat for 10-15 reps before switching the weight into your other hand and doing the same on your left side
6. Flutter kicks
As well as blasting stomach fat, this move helps to tone the lower body.
For the best results, tense your abs as you follow these steps.
Here’s how to do a flutter kick:
1. Lay flat on the floor, pressing your lower back into your fitness mat
2. Keeping your arms to one side, extend your pins into the air
3. Begin fluttering your legs, moving one from the top to the bottom and vice versa
4. Keep this up for 40 seconds, before resting for 20 counts and repeating.
7. Bicycle kicks
This tricky exercise is an effective way to strengthen your ab movement – here’s how to do it:
1. Lie flat on the floor
2. Extend your legs into the air, while putting your arms in sit-up position
3. Carry out the motion of pedalling a bicycle
4. Hold your abs tight and move the opposite elbow to meet each leg as it bends
8. Leg raises
This exercise is good for building your upper body strength and core muscles.
Follow these simple steps to carry it out:
1. Lie down flat on your back
2. Stretch your legs straight out, before squeezing your toes, knees and heels together
3. Lift your legs up straight to a 90 degree angle over your hips and lower back down, without touching the floor
4. After carrying out this motion slowly, repeat
Source: Read Full Article